Re: Change in my sponsorship requirements

also sprach Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> [2007.07.15.1819 +0200]:
> Martin - my only problem with this collapsing of the changes is that
> debian/changelog would need to be edited by the sponsor to achieve this
> without causing yet another rebuild and upload to mentors.d.n cycle.

This, I don't mind. It's the "the package looks good, please prepare
the final upload" email.

> dpkg can collapse the changes from multiple versions into the
> .changes file automatically and with no need to either edit
> package files or cause another build/upload cycle. The only
> difference is that the timestamps are retained. IMHO that is
> preferable to a whole new cycle or sponsors editing the package
> directly.

As others have stated: it's not necessary to have the entire build
history in the changelog. For me, debian/changelog is primarily of
interest to dak and the end user; I am merely using it as a scratch
pad and clean up after myself.

I also don't really have a problem if a sponsored upload takes a few
days from start to finish. At the very least, it is reminiscent of
the quality that makes up the Debian archive.

>  -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 08 May 2007 14:52:26 +0200
> packagename (1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
>  -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 07 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

1.0-1 never went to unstable.

Anyway, we're not here to agree on one procedure, are we — because
we likely never will. You gave your new policies and I added my 2¢
in the form of showing you how I do things. Or would like to do
them.

review of a chemistry paper:
  "paper should be greatly reduced or completely oxidized."
                                                    -- frank vastola