Re: [RFS] crystalcursors and kde-icons-nuovext

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:21:06 +0200
Bastian Venthur <expires-2006@venthur.de> wrote:

> The difference in *bytes* is exactly 338 -- this is ~5-10 times smaller
> than the size of *one* single cursor contained in this package.

  Your package being big is no excuse to make it bigger without need to,
better do the opposite. Anyway if you like doing math, you can also do it if
all packages on the archive do the same waste, and also all the times these
bytes would appear on the archived build logs, for example.

> The reason why I try to leave all the commands commented-out instead of
> removing them is simple: Packaging is a quite new task for me and it
> happens that I accidently remove a line too much from the rules file.
> Afterwards it's easier to comment them in again than to find the appropiate
> command and place where to insert it again, if I've removed too much.

  Use a source code management system like CVS, Subversion, Arch, whatever
you like. Allows you to recover things while keeping files clean :)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~