Re: [RFS] crystalcursors and kde-icons-nuovext
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [RFS] crystalcursors and kde-icons-nuovext
- From: Peter S Galbraith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:53:11 -0400
- Message-id: <3647.1129485191@mixed>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ricardo Mones <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:21:06 +0200
> Bastian Venthur <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The difference in *bytes* is exactly 338 -- this is ~5-10 times smaller
> > than the size of *one* single cursor contained in this package.
> Your package being big is no excuse to make it bigger without need to,
> better do the opposite. Anyway if you like doing math, you can also do it if
> all packages on the archive do the same waste, and also all the times these
> bytes would appear on the archived build logs, for example.
Oh my god, give the guy a break!
If this offends you, then make it into policy! Debian is not a police
I have lots of commented-out debhelper lines which sometimes later get
used when upstream does add a relevant file.
If you like things all prim and proper, that's fine, but please don't
impose it on others.