Re: Removing non-free documentation from a package

* Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> [2005-09-15 12:16]:

> Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> writes:
>
> > Doc packages are usually called package-doc.  I see no reason to change
> > that here, except that adding non-free seems to make sense.  Removing
> > "lib" would just confuse the name, because it would be less clear which
> > package the doc is for.
>
> I prefer -tutorial to -doc in this particular case, since otherwise when
> browsing the package list I'd think I'd have to install the -doc package
> to get any documentation at all (rather than just a separate tutorial).

This is a sensible suggestion but, since you did not Cc: it to me as I
requested in my first post, it came too late.  The package is already
uploaded with the name libparse-recdescent-perl-doc-nonfree.  It's too
bad, because I would had 3rd place in the longest-package-name contest in
Debian, only behind libbusiness-onlinepayment-bankofamerica-perl and
libbusiness-onlinepayment-authorizenet-perl.

Perhaps I can find a way to upload
libbusiness-onlinepayment-bankofamerica-perl-tutorial-nonfree?

:-)

--
Rafael