Re: Removing non-free documentation from a package

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [2005-09-15 10:07]:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > I buy Sven's arguments in favor of adding -nonfree.  I would also strip the
> > "lib" at the beginning of the name.  The upstream Perl module is called
> > Parse-RecDescent, so I would call the package parse-recdescent-doc-nonfree.
> > What do you think?
>
> Stick to the perl package naming convention. Please.

Well, the new package will not contain a Perl module, so I do not see the
need to sticking to the conventions (cf section 4.2 of the Debian Perl
Policy).  The package containing the Parse::RecDescent module with the
tutorial stripped is still called libparse-recdescent-perl.

At any rate, I guess you are suggesting the name
libparse-recdescent-perl-doc-nonfree, aren't you?  Good chances to win
the longest-package-name contest in Debian :-)

--
Rafael