Re: Packaging Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript

On 9/8/05, Terry Burton <tez@terryburton.co.uk> wrote:
> I have created a trival Debian repository. The relevant line for your
> sources.list is:
>
> deb-src http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/files/debiansrc /

The debian files have now moved to their more permanant home at:

http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/files/debian/

So the sources.list entry becomes:

deb-src http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/files/debian/ /

> At the moment I am working through some problems with image generation
> using latex2html, which is the first step towards building the
> documentation from a common TeX source.

The html documentation has been removed in the upstream package due to
these problems. I will reinstate this if and when the tetex-extra
package includes pst-barcode since this will simplify the
documentation build process.

> I also expect that by the time I have solved this I will have build a
> new source package against a new upstream version which I'm currently
> beta testing.

The new package is built against the latest upstream release, version
2005-09-08.

> If you could hold off uploading until I confirm that all is ready, at
> which point a final check of the package may be required.

Alexander: Could you please take another look at the package and let
me know if it is suitable for upload. If this is the case then please
do so.

One potential problem...

After performing dpkg-scansources . /dev/null | gzip -c9 > Source.gz,
one of my servers complains that Sources.gz is not a valid gzip
archive when performing apt-get update. However the server in question
sits behind a proxy which may be interfering. Let me know if you
experience such problems and I will investigate the setup.

Thanks,

Tez