Re: Packaging Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript

Terry Burton wrote:

>New files available at
>http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/files/debiansrc.

Seems pretty OK now.

>I would prefer not to have to regenerate the documentation from TeX
>for the timebeing since it relies on TeX modules that are not yet part
>of Debian. Hopefully future Debian releases of the PSTricks packages
>will remedy this situation making this a sensible option. It would
>also seem a bit overkill to have such a simple library depend on
>something as large as LaTeX.

No problem, just add that build dependency and build the docs with TeX
as soon as the necessary modules are available. Meanwhile, I believe
it's sufficient to include the docs in PDF/PS/TXT. You could also try to
contact debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org for assistance...

>PS: I don't think I'll bother with another name change. I've just
>filed an ITP report for the project as libpostscriptbarcode against an
>existing RFP for postscriptbarcode. I'm sure that will ruffle a few
>DDs feathers, but changing project name again may make some of them
>fall off their perch! No offence intended... :-)

Nah - I guess this is the first (?) package written in pure PostScript.
If that language starts to become as popular as PERL, you can still
change the name of the package to libbarcode-ps.

If nobody else steps up, I'll sponsor your package.

Would you mind creating an apt source repository to ease the
download/build process? Just use dpkg-scansources as mentioned in
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html#id2800322
- I guess this just one more line in your build script...

Alex