Re: Packaging of mailinglist archives

Hello :-)

> That should be "./debian-user-200202-1" and "debian-user-german-200202
> (1) unstable; urgency=low" then I think.

Just a minute before your mail I tried following:

./debian-user-200202-0.1
debian-user-german-200202 (0.1) unstable; urgency=low

And that worked fine - it just a differnet numbering of versions that
your suggestion. I think I'll use normal numbering like 1,2,3,.. for
different versions.

> I guess such editing can happen but could be done with a patch file in
> the diff.gz.

That would mean that I need a .orig.tar.gz for each package just
containing the tar'ed mbox file? How do I get this to work, since it
makes sense to me not to upload the complete source for space reasons..

> debian/postinst or e.g. an mbox-to-html.cgi script to read the mbox
> through apache as html. But I guess that would be better in a common
> mailinglist-reader package.

Ok, I see. A cgi-interface for reading the archives is a quite good idea
since my own scripts are cgis already ;-) If I have time, I will clean
them up (they are quite quick-and-dirty) and improve them..

Cheers,
Jan