Re: Packaging phpLDAPadmin. Newbie's questions.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:47:51PM -0600, David Segonds wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:32:48AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > 	Check out ucf; it has been specifically written to allow you
> >  to offer the user a choice, exactly like dpkg does for conffiles.

> I looked at the documentation for ucf and briefly played with it. If you
> want to use ucf, I guess you need to put it as a "Depends:" for your
> package, right?

Correct.

> Which packages are using ucf today for their configuration needs?
[...]

grep-available -FDepends ucf -sPackage

On woddy this is a rather short list (three packages by Manoj), but
on sid there are some packages, including rather polpular or important
ones like apt-listchanges and mailman.

BTW I thought Branden was using ucf for XFree86, but it is not listed
in the Depends.
             cu andreas