Re: j2sdk build-depends cannot be satisfied?

Followups set to debian-java where this is a little more on topic.

    Ian> gcj can compile java bytecode into native code.  So
    Ian> Architecture: all java libraries can be used for development
    Ian> purposes without an interpreter.

Yes, and I can statically compile binaries so that the don't depend on
lic6 (the provider of /lib/ld-linux.so.2) but that's hardly the normal
usage.

--
Stephen

"Sixty percent of all Americans say they flew the flag after Sept. 11,
2001.  Last week, less than 40 percent of registered voters cast
ballots.  Americans who wrap themselves in patriotic colors, yet can't
be bothered to exercise the most fundamental right and responsibility
in a democracy, betray the country they claim to love."
 -- Christina Hulbe, Letters to the Editor, The Orgeonian, 10
 Nov. 2002