Re: j2sdk build-depends cannot be satisfied?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:49:53PM -0600, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> [I'm cross-posting to debian-java and debian-mentors, because I'm not
> sure whether this is a Java question or a packaging question.  Please
> CC me on replies, if possible.]
>
> Can anyone suggest why libnbio2-java's build dependency on j2sdk1.3
> cannot be satisfied on all 13 platforms?

Last i knew, j2sdk1.3 is not part of debian, be it in main, contrib or
non-free, because it is not possible for us to distribute it because of
the licencing issues.

Because of that, this particular dependency will never be really
satisfied, the auto builders will not be able to build the package, as
you can see on :

http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=nbio

And the package cannot be really part of debian/main, and that is why
you put it in contrib.

Normally stuff in contrib can depend on non-free or maybe even
non-debian packages, but i don't really know how the testing scripts
could handle this.

That said, you could try using one of the free java suites, but maybe
nbio does not build with them. kaffe, jikes and gcj come to mind, but i
have no particular experience with any of them.

Friendly,

Sven Luther