Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

* Jérôme Marant

| On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:21:11PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > Then I suggest you scratch your itch without forcing everybody else to
| > have the same itch as you.
|
|   I want something that you don't need. Then, I win.
|
|   'Tell me what you need and I'll tell you how not to need it'
|   That's what you are proposing.

No, it's not.  I am saying that I don't think this is a problem.  You
are proposing to change how I do my stuff, not the other way around.

| > |   I have a recent case of someone who NMU'ed packages of someone
| > |   I do sponsor but I wasn't aware of that.
| >
| > Then you hadn't subscribed to the package through the PTS, I think.
|
|   Of course I did, but NMU requests have never been implied
|   access to the BTS. I want an entry point for contacts with the
|   sponsoree. I don't have any currently.

Parse error for the first part.

Uhm, you don't have an entry point?  Like -mentors?

|   It is a matter of practice. The one Raphaël is proposing would not
|   be annoying at all.

For me it would, because of the amount of noise.  The BTS is quite
noisy.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-