Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

* Jérôme Marant

| On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:00:40PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > So, even though you might know stuff about sponsorship, you do not own
| > the term.  What I (and it seems a lot of other people) think is that
| > the current system works fine.  At least, it works a lot better than
| > having to handle it through the BTS.  IMO.
|
|   No, from my point of view it is not enough. I have no way to
|   keep track of the sponsorship work.

Then I suggest you scratch your itch without forcing everybody else to
have the same itch as you.

|   I have a recent case of someone who NMU'ed packages of someone
|   I do sponsor but I wasn't aware of that.

Then you hadn't subscribed to the package through the PTS, I think.

What I understand buxy wants the BTS for is for making sure people are
able to find a sponsor, and a way to see which sponsorees who don't
have a sponsor.  Not do all the sponsor/sponsoree comms through the
BTS.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-