Re: problem with ldconfig and packaging libs

"James" == James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:
> Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:
>> It is bad advice for someone asking help about fakeroot to tell
>> them to also use sudo or super.  Pick one and one only.

> It's not bad advice.  I see fakeroot consistently causing problems
> for people
[...]
> So I'll continue to pimp sudo as long as people continue to have
> problems with fakeroot.  YMMV

James, you misread me.  I had not intention of debating the various
options here. I simply said that using fakeroot + {sudo|super} is
absurd.

This whole thread is absurd since the question was about someone
running ldconfig in debian/rules, which is a big nasty no-no as well,
and I can't think of a possible reason why it would be necessary.