Re: problem with ldconfig and packaging libs

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 01:35:07AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Yes; I think the other advice was rather bad.

Really.  That sounds like a jab.  Is there an ego needing a snack?

What is 'bad' about using sudo?  If I have a package that needs to be
owned by root what is wrong with sudo?  I'm not sure what is to like
about fakeroot.  It lets me create a setuid root program without
asking me if I want to grant this priviledge to my users.  At least
sudo has a permission check.