Re: problem with ldconfig and packaging libs

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> "Oscar" == Oscar Levi <elf@buici.com> writes:
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 02:38:16AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >> It is bad advice for someone asking help about fakeroot to tell
> >> them to also use sudo or super.  Pick one and one only.
>
> > I read that he needed to have root priviledges as I have when
> > creating packages.  I didn't see him asking for help with fakeroot.
>
> I read that he had a problem with /usr/sbin not being on his path. ;)

I was indeed already using fakeroot. The problem with ldconfig was
something like:

/sbin/ldconfig SOMELIBS
/sbin/ldconfig: can't create /etc/ld.so.cache~ (Permission denied)

By saying:

/sbin/ldconfig -n SOMELIBS

ldconfig doesn't try any more to write to /etc/ld.so.cache~ so no more
problems.

Ionutz