Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

Pierre Gruet <pgt@debian.org> writes:

> Hmm, I did not have in mind that the package is ready for amd64
> only. If this is the case, then yes, we should not use Architecture:
> all at the moment (which is otherwise the general rule for -java
> packages).

Ah, never mind, I misunderstood what you meant by "it"; sorry for the
confusion.

> After giving it some thoughts, I convinced myself it would be better
> to fit Multi-Arch: same and put the symlink in /usr/lib/<triplet>/jni,
> which only violates a "should" in the Java policy but is nevertheless
> done for many packages. Also this architecture-specific path is
> searched when loads shared libraries from Java code, so I have pushed
> the change to Salsa.

Great, thanks again!

Meanwhile, I pushed some more tuneups, mostly related to tests; in
particular, I arranged to label and exclude all online tests, including
for better or worse some tests that were failing even with Internet
access.  I also made the Python binary package Architecture: any in the
same binNMU-safe fashion as the main Java package.  The source package
still needs a bit more work before uploading, even to experimental, but
it's getting late in the day.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu