Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

Hi Aaron,

Le 12/10/2022 à 04:48, Aaron M. Ucko a écrit :
Pierre Gruet <pgt@debian.org> writes:

Indeed, this warning should be overridden, usually I do so and add a
pointer to the discussion in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2018/06/msg00021.html in the
comment in the .lintian-overrides file.

Got it, thanks!

Do you have an idea of the exact way the .so is loaded by the Java
code? The methods in LibManager.java are a bit involved and I am
unsure to see which behaviour is expected exactly. If you don't, I
shall investigate further in order to help, no worry.

No, sorry.  That said, this issue is neither new nor urgent; I just
noticed it and wanted to take the opportunity to address it if it would
be reasonably easy to do so.

I have just pushed some changes. I adopted the -- I believe -- least invasive solution by creating a new package libngs-jni which depends on the shared lib package (not the -dev one), only ships a symlink to the shared lib with full version number, and on which the -java package depends. By the way I also made it Architecture: all and ensured it was binNMU-able.
No patch of the upstream code is required.

As such, the new -jni package is not Multi-Arch: same as it ships the shared lib symlink in /usr/lib/jni. But if you think it should be, then we could install the symlink in /usr/lib/<triplet>/jni. This is less canonical regarding the Java policy but technically that should be OK.

Also, I have added a Lintian override for the embedded JS, as we discussed.

Feel free to ping me if some issues show up later, but I expect none.

Cheers,

--
Pierre