Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> Ah, right, sra-sdk will need to go through NEW too -- the ngs-sdk code
> it absorbed underwent an SONAME bump along the way.  (All necessary
> ncbi-vdb changes passed NEW a few weeks ago, but ncbi-vdb 3.x is sitting
> in experimental until sra-sdk joins it.)  I'll see what I can do.

I've made a fair bit of progress, and pushed what I have so far --
though one commit accidentally wound up with a stray change, so I'd
appreciate it if somebody could please grant me whatever access I need
to proceed with a force-push to master so I can clean that up properly.

It's still not entirely ready, though.  In particular:
- Three tests are failing; I need to investigate why.  (I've been
  building in nocheck mode for now to sort out everything else.)
- On a possibly related note, I should see if anything from ngs-sdk's
  debian/patches is of interest here.
- The javadocs contain embedded copies of files from libjs-jquery and
  libjs-jquery-ui that should become symlinks (with dependencies added).
- Lower priority: I have not yet taught the Java bindings to look for
  full SONAMEs, so they still depend on a -dev package.  I'd appreciate
  help from someone more familiar with Java.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu