Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

Pierre Gruet <pgt@debian.org> writes:

> I have just pushed some changes. I adopted the -- I believe -- least
> invasive solution by creating a new package libngs-jni which depends
> on the shared lib package (not the -dev one), only ships a symlink to
> the shared lib with full version number, and on which the -java
> package depends. By the way I also made it Architecture: all and
> ensured it was binNMU-able.

That ought to work, thanks, but shouldn't it be Architecture: amd64?  We
could get away with all as long as the package is otherwise amd64-only,
but we may be able to revisit getting it to build on either or both of
ncbi-vdb's other supported architectures (arm64 and x32).

> As such, the new -jni package is not Multi-Arch: same as it ships the
> shared lib symlink in /usr/lib/jni. But if you think it should be,
> then we could install the symlink in /usr/lib/<triplet>/jni. This is
> less canonical regarding the Java policy but technically that should
> be OK.

I'm all for Multi-Arch in general, but am content to defer to Java
policy in this case.

> Also, I have added a Lintian override for the embedded JS, as we discussed.

Great, thanks!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu