Re: Fwd: Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andreas,

On 9/25/20 5:22 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Andrei,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 03:55:52PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
fb3ed2f5b9a313134a7abbffe23159b8f6fb4eb6)
Sorry for that. This time, it seems to finish without issues (commit
72f4e2a0bd44309a33c37f9ab9261d22cf52979c).
No need to sorry about this - I was just somehow communicating the fact
that if I've thought in the past that I did only a simple change that
will not break anything sometimes it was broken anyway. ;-)  So just
rebuild before uploading. ;-)

     debian/`dh_listpackages`/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/amplsolver.a

where it was moved before. ;-)
I gave it a try using make variables -

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ampl-netlib-solvers/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L6

and

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ampl-netlib-solvers/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L33

However I am not sure if it is ok/good practice.
Its definitely OK.  I do not think whether there is any "good practice" to
work around broken upstream Makefiles.
this will fail on all other build architectures than amd64 under Linux.
May be its sensible to replace it simply by

     sys.*/
I will look into libsmithwaterman. Thanks!

Unfortunately I cannot make it happen. I have been checking d-shlibmove, soname but I cannot put pieces together.

Good.  Just let me know if something might remain unclear.

Its a simple package also featuring a rewrite of the build system
(which might or might not be appropriate here - just mentioning it)
and shows the two binary packages what files belong where.  (For
the moment feel free to ignore d-shlibs - I'll explain later if needed.
It works only if shared *and* static library are provided.)
Thanks for the thorough message.
This is the idea of a MoM project: I try to be verbose and patiently
to guide newcomers. :-)

Best,

AndreiR