Re: Fwd: Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andrei,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 08:30:56PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
> Just to check if you got my previous mail.

Thanks for checking.  That's perfectly welcome and in this case very
sensible.  I confirm I've got the mail, checked the result ... and got
distracted and forgot. :-(

The thing is that I was wondering why while the symlink is set inside
the resulting tarball the actual *.a lib was missing.  The answer was
simple - the sequence in the debian/*links file was wrong.

Unfortunately that did not seem to help.  In my opinion we should really
rename that file and this can be done by

    override_dh_install:
	dh_install
	mv ...

Once a user want to link against this library the option is -lamplsolver
and the file that the linker is seeking for is libamplsolver.a.  So I
do not see any point in keeping the original name.

Kind regards and sorry for the delay

     Andreas.