Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> I: ampl-netlib-solvers: unstripped-static-library usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/amplsolver.a(asldate.o)
[...]
> I have not seen this info before but considering the size of
> usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/amplsolver.a I suspect all needed libraries
> are statically linked which is what we do not want.

Not necessarily; the library may in fact simply be unstripped.  In
particular, it looks like dh_strip covers static (*.a) libraries only
when their names start with the usual "lib" prefix.  If you specifically
need an unprefixed name, I suppose it would work to install the library
as libamplsolver.a so that dh_strip will see it, and direct dh_link to
establish an unprefixed symlink.  If you're using Debhelper level 13 or
higher, you can do so without touching debian/rules by simply listing

usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/libamplsolver.a usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/amplsolver.a

in debian/ampl-netlib-solvers.links.

Making a shared version of this library might be a good idea regardless.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu