Re: Fwd: Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andrei,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 09:20:11PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:

> > Its definitely OK.  I do not think whether there is any "good practice" to
> > work around broken upstream Makefiles.

> > > I will look into libsmithwaterman. Thanks!
>
> Unfortunately I cannot make it happen. I have been checking d-shlibmove,
> soname but I cannot put pieces together.

May be I was not clear enough.  Please *ignore* d-shlibmove for the
moment.  What we need first is a shared library since this is mandatory.
If you manage to tweak the build system in a way we can have *.so
**and** *.a then (and only then) we might consider d-shlibmove since it
requires both kind of libs.

I was pointing to libsmithwaterman for binary package names as well
as a potential way to create automake stuff in a patch (but that's
not required).

Sorry if I have dragged you into a to complex dead end street.