Re: Rejection of Orthanc

Hi Sébastien,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 01:08:53PM +0200, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> > Please check my packaging *thoroughly*.  I'm not sure whether we should
> > rename the lib package according to
> >
> >     libcivetweb1: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libcivetweb1.11.0
> >
> > No idea how many parallel installations of this lib with different
> > versions is to be expected.
>
> That's indeed most probably an overkill, at least as long as Orthanc is
> the only user of civetweb in Debian.

OK.

> I have run FOSSology, which allowed me to identify some missing
> information in "d/copyright". I took the liberty of fixing this with the
> following commit:
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/civetweb/-/commit/3812231f6d3fa59827fa3c96c0409be4525bb8e3

Argh, I forgot git pull before running dput - hope my dcut will be right
in time to fix this without ftpmaster interaction.  Thanks a lot for
watching me in this respect in any case!

> Regarding the size of the source package, the file
> "resources/civetweb.psd" is a large image that weights 9MB on its own,
> and that is not used by the package. Maybe one could consider removing it?

Removed.  It also avoids questions about binary without source.

> I hereby confirm that I'm able to build the "civetweb" package from
> source, and that I'm able to build the "orthanc" package by applying the
> attached patch. I feel like the package is ready for upload.

Cool.

> As soon as the "civetweb" package is accepted as NEW, I'll update the
> "orthanc" to take advantage of it. Then, we'll be able to re-submit the
> adaptations to create the "Orthanc framework" shared library, which will
> ultimately allow us to re-submit the rejected "orthanc-gdcm" package
> (Orthanc cannot take advantage of GDCM as long as the latter is not
> available). I hope this process won't take too long.

May be we can even push orthanc to new *after* civetweb and I explicitly
hint ftpmaster about the needed sequence to accept both.

> > Exactly this was my intention! ;-)  Nice to hear that it seems to
> > work.
>
> :-)
>
> Sébastien-

Happy about this nice cooperation