Re: Rejection of Orthanc

Dear Andreas,

>> Is there anyone willing to provide help?
>
> I injected basically what our package_template creates to
>
>     https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/civetweb
>
> It is by no means a functional packaging yet.

Thanks so much for your support and for taking this issue into
consideration.

> What I'm stumbling about is that the tarball you
> included in orthanc is way smaller than what uscan gets:
>
> $ ls -l debian/ThirdPartyDownloads/
> -rw-r--r-- 1 andreas admin 3035855 28. Mai 16:17 civetweb-1.12-fixed.tar.gz
>
> $ ls -l civetweb-1.12.tar.gz civetweb_1.12.orig.tar.gz
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 andreas admin       20 14. Sep 15:56 civetweb_1.12.orig.tar.gz -> civetweb-1.12.tar.gz
> -rw-r--r-- 1 andreas admin 11463079 14. Sep 15:56 civetweb-1.12.tar.gz

The reason of existence for "civetweb-1.12-fixed.tar.gz" is explained in
the following source file of Orthanc:
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/orthanc/-/blob/a1c4aa701a14668eb0683a94d10a41d4fd8a9efc/OrthancFramework/Resources/CMake/CivetwebConfiguration.cmake#L23

Basically, the original civetweb archive contains filenames with special
characters, which causes problems if compiling on older versions of
Microsoft Windows (this is the case of our continuous integration
server). This is by no way an issue on GNU/Linux systems, and one can
directly use the original archives, as can be found on GitHub:
https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/releases

I'll be obviously very interested in linking Orthanc with a Debian
package for civetweb. It should be as simple as removing the
"-DUSE_SYSTEM_CIVETWEB:BOOL=OFF" in the d/rules of the orthanc package:
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/orthanc/-/blob/master/debian/rules

Thanks again,
Sébastien-