Re: Rejection of Orthanc

Hi Sébastien,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 05:55:31PM +0200, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> $ cd civetweb-1.12
> $ mkdir Build
> $ cd Build
> $ cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCIVETWEB_BUILD_TESTING=OFF
> -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON
>
> I have set the "CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE" is set to "None" for reasons explained
> by Mathieu Malaterre in the following Debian issue:

I hope I'll remind this also for other packages.

> After building, here is what I would expect as the main content of the
> binary packages:
>
> - "civetweb" package (standalone executable, unused by Orthanc) =>
> civetweb-1.12/Build/src/civetweb
> - "libcivetweb1" => civetweb-1.12/Build/src/libcivetweb.so.1.11.0
> - "libcivetweb-dev" => civetweb-1.12/include/civetweb.h

I agree but need to work on this package structure.  May be I also
check hor to provide a .a static lib for the -dev package.

Please note: I removed the Git repository since I had to rebuild the
tarball to get rid of several unneeded code copied of third party
software.  I simply wanted to save space inside the Git repository.  (I
also need to get rid of the remaining jquery.js so the current tarball
is not yet final but I will not recreate the repository again.)

Thank you for your comments and I hope I can contribute to the
enhancement of orthanc by packaging this.