Re: Rejection of Orthanc

Hi Andreas,

> I agree but need to work on this package structure.  May be I also
> check hor to provide a .a static lib for the -dev package.

I had a look at the CMake stuff, and it visibly doesn't allow the
simultaneous generation of the .so shared lib together with the .a
static lib.

As a consequence, one has to build twice civetweb, once with the
"-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON" option (to get the .so), and once without this
option (to get the .a).

One could also consider building the C++ library by setting
"-CIVETWEB_ENABLE_CXX=ON", which produces the "libcivetweb-cpp.(a|so)"
C++ library together with the "libcivetweb.(a|so)" C library. Note
however that the C++ library is not used by Orthanc.

The "include/CivetServer.h" corresponds to the C++ header file, whereas
the "include/civetweb.h" corresponds to the C header (the latter being
the only one used by Orthanc).

If you prefer, I can try and write the "d/rules" given these hints, once
you have imported the Git repository and created the skeleton of the
package.

> Please note: I removed the Git repository since I had to rebuild the
> tarball to get rid of several unneeded code copied of third party
> software.  I simply wanted to save space inside the Git repository.  (I
> also need to get rid of the remaining jquery.js so the current tarball
> is not yet final but I will not recreate the repository again.)

Actually, the core of civetweb is quite small wrt. to the size of the
tarball: The "src" and "include" directories are the only mandatory
subfolders, as long as the tests and the extensions are not built.

> Thank you for your comments and I hope I can contribute to the
> enhancement of orthanc by packaging this.

I'm extremely grateful for your help, that clearly stimulates me to
continue the Debian maintenance.

Thanks again,
Sébastien-