Re: SVN -> GIT mass conversion

    A> Hi Roland, On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:17:17AM +0200, Roland
    A> Fehrenbacher wrote:
    >>
    >> done. Please check whether it looks OK.

    A> Thanks.  I commited some change with

    A>   We have no documented format for this kind of files but some
    A>   best practices inside this SVN archive.  Adapting to this ...

    A> So it is not your fault to not have found any doc - I also do not
    A> know about any but I think the metainformation which is now
    A> inside README.status might be helpful.  It would be nice if you
    A> could stick to this format - may be we might need it in the
    A> future.

Sure. So with future conversions I will do the following to the SVN
archive after GIT repo is available:

1) Delete content of trunk and commit.
2) Create README.status in the format of
svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/fasttree/trunk/README.status
using the commit id of the commit in 1) for the field
"SVNDeleteRevision".

Final questions:
- What's the meaning of the field "Format" in README.status?
- Will the VCS link for a package on the DebianMed webpages (and
  elsewhere on Debian pages) be automatically converted?

Best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---