Re: SVN -> GIT mass conversion

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 06:38:41PM +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
> Sure. So with future conversions I will do the following to the SVN
> archive after GIT repo is available:
>
> 1) Delete content of trunk and commit.
> 2) Create README.status in the format of
> svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/fasttree/trunk/README.status
> using the commit id of the commit in 1) for the field
> "SVNDeleteRevision".
>
> Final questions:
> - What's the meaning of the field "Format" in README.status?

I have no idea who invented this but I copied it over from some other
README.status file since I assumed somebody has thought about it.  As
far as I remember Charles has done this the first time and might have a
better clue than me.  Usually I'd like to understand what I'm doing but
there are cases (like this one) when I outwight the time I would need
for understanding against just copying which looks sensible. :-)

> - Will the VCS link for a package on the DebianMed webpages (and
>   elsewhere on Debian pages) be automatically converted?

The VCS link will be taken from the latest version in the package pool.
So if you do the next upload it will be changed (I hope that
experimental is respected here as well - to lazy to check since we'll
see it if not ;-)).  I think no real harm is done due to the
README.status people who will be misleaded for the time until the change
is propagated will get a hint.

Remark:  Since currently there is a GSoC project to rewrite the tasks
pages it might make sense to implement it in a way that the VCS URL is
fetched from the VCS metadata which are parsed for the prospective
packages.  That would need an extra UDD table since data of existing
packages are not stored.  I will outwight the effort - value relation
whether this will be implemented or not.