Re: [MoM] New project for April (Was: New Contributor Game)

Hi Iain,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Iain R. Learmonth <irl@fsfe.org> wrote:
On 30/03/14 06:17, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
>> The repository is at
>> git://git.debian.org/debian-med/sleepyhead.git
>>

> Will take a look now.

All the branches and tags look to be in the right place.

Thanks for checking! I'm a little less worried now.

It looks like you'll have to do some digging to find all the references
to things in the 3rd party folder.

Debian has some pretty strict policies about not including convenience
copies in packages so that whole directory likely needs to come out.

That is the easy part. The 3rd party folder contains a copy of libquazip
and qextserialport which are both already in Debian (libquazip was
even packaged in a previous MoM :) ). The whole directory can be
safely dropped.

Someone else will have to tell you how you go about removing that
directory from the source package as that's not something I'm familiar
with doing.

Same with me. Creating the upstream part was where I was less
sure of myself. Anyhow I'll see if I can find some description on
how to do it the proper way.

Thanks again for the help!

Best regards,

Bira.