Re: [MoM] New project for April (Was: New Contributor Game)

Hi,

thanks to Iain who took over the mentoring nicely.  That's perfectly
welcome and much appreciated!

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:37:32AM +0200, Ubiratan S. Freitas wrote:
> > All the branches and tags look to be in the right place.
>
> Thanks for checking! I'm a little less worried now.

:-)

> > Debian has some pretty strict policies about not including convenience
> > copies in packages so that whole directory likely needs to come out.
>
> That is the easy part. The 3rd party folder contains a copy of libquazip
> and qextserialport which are both already in Debian (libquazip was
> even packaged in a previous MoM :) ). The whole directory can be
> safely dropped.

While this is true you need to check the Build system that it does not
rely onto the internal code copy.  It might be that you need to find
some quilt patch for the build system if it does not do some auto
detection.

> > Someone else will have to tell you how you go about removing that
> > directory from the source package as that's not something I'm familiar
> > with doing.
>
> Same with me. Creating the upstream part was where I was less
> sure of myself. Anyhow I'll see if I can find some description on
> how to do it the proper way.

I hope, this

    https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements

is explicite enough.  Currently uscan from devscripts is a bit in flux
and I'm constantly checking the Git version to make sure that my
suggested implementation will be realised.  So I might be a bit ahead of
what is released however, the latest devscripts contain an uscan which
respects Files-Excluded which easily enables you to drop parts from
upstream source.  The new tarball will get a "+dfsg" attached to the
version so you can simply git-import this one with --pristine tar as
well.

> Thanks again for the help!

Please keep on asking if something remains unclear.