Re: [MoM] New project for April (Was: New Contributor Game)

On 29/03/14 23:26, Ubiratan S. Freitas wrote:
> I tried to follow debian med policy as best as I could while
> setting up the repository and uploading it but I'm not sure
> I got everything right. It would be great if someone
> else could have a look and point me any problems.
>
> The repository is at
> git://git.debian.org/debian-med/sleepyhead.git

Will take a look now.

> The package does not build as it is. When trying to build
> with cowbuilder and git-buildpackage I get:
>
> [...]
>
> Now I'm stuck. I think I might be able to modify sleepyhead to
> go around this and compile but I'm not sure if this is the right
> way to do it. I could use some guidance :)

So the way to do this is with patches. You make the changes you made
before to get it to build, but instead of making the changes directly,
use quilt to generate patches for your changes.

https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt

Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

[[[ To any GCHQ or other security service agents reading my email: ]]]
[[[ Please consider if any professional body code of conduct to    ]]]
[[[ which you subscribe requires you to follow Snowden's example.  ]]]
[[[ Your professional membership, chartered or incorporated status ]]]
[[[ may be at risk.                                                ]]]