Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for all that info. I had definitely missed some of those.

I can definitely remove the jar from the package. I will just move to taking the tag from uscan which doesn't have the jar. That has been updated and pushed.

I have updated the watch, updated phyutility which now compiles just fine. Getting an error at the end of my git-buildpackage
that looks like
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package phyutility: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: File::FcntlLock not available; using flock which is not NFS-safe
   dh_md5sums
   dh_builddeb
dpkg-deb: building package `phyutility' in `../phyutility_2.7.3-1_amd64.deb'.
 dpkg-genchanges  >../phyutility_2.7.3-1_amd64.changes
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
 dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -i.git -I.git --after-build phyutility-2.7.3
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)
I: Copying back the cached apt archive contents
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting run/shm filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: Current time: Wed Mar  5 16:51:18 EST 2014
I: pbuilder-time-stamp: 1394056278
 -> Cleaning COW directory
  forking: rm -rf /var/cache/pbuilder/build//cow.13278
warning: "../phyutility_2.7.3-1_*.changes" cannot be processed.
warning: It is not a valid lab query and it is not an existing file.
gbp:error: Couldn't run '~/bin/git-pbuilder': ~/bin/git-pbuilder returned 2

I am going to investigate now (using basically your same setup that you sent along last time but clearly something is up there). I will let you know what I find.

Take care,
Stephen

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:39:44PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I updated the changelog and committed and pushed after
> git import-orig --pristine-tar phyutility_2_7_1.tar.gz
>
> I haven't updated for uscan yet, but will do that in a bit. However,
> on git-buildpackage, I am still getting the old tar although it is saying
> it is getting the newer one. If I actually grab
> the phyutility_2.7.1.orig.tar.gz, untar, and ant compile it is the correct
> version (no bug in compilation). So I am sure I am still missing something
> here.  Any idea?

Hmmm, as you might guess from my previous mail I simply pulled your last
changes and tried to build before reading this.  Since I have no trouble
at all I can only wild-guess that you might not have followed the Debian
policy step by step regarding your setup for git-buildpackage.  Just for
your comparison:

$ cat ~/.gbp.conf
[DEFAULT]
builder = ~/bin/git-pbuilder

# Might lead to problems because it tries to use non-patched makefiles
# cleaner = fakeroot debian/rules clean
cleaner = /bin/true
pristine-tar = True
export=WC

[git-buildpackage]
# use this for more svn-buildpackage like behaviour:
export-dir = ../build-area/
tarball-dir = ../tarballs/

my ~/bin/git-pbuilder looks basically like

/usr/bin/pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder --debbuildopts "-i\.git -I.git $*" --debsign-k "Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>"
rm -f ../*_source.changes
lintian -i ../`dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Source:/ {print $2}'`_`dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Version:/ {print $2}'`_*.changes

so you see I'm using cowbuilder which you need to prepare first via

   sudo cowbuilder --create

May be these hints are helpful.  Otherwise you need to provide more
information with complete copy-n-paste of the output you get.