Re: New version of filo or what git workflow for software without release tarball (Was: FASTX-Toolkit on GitHub)

Le Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 09:12:59PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I fully quoted your mail about htslib because we have a similar case
> where we could simply rely on a Git clone rather than a release tarball.
> If I should upgrade the package I would "simply" (probably my workflow
> is not that simple) write a get-orig-source target, creating an upstream
> tarball and would inject it as pristine-tar.  This would strictly follow
> the workflow described in policy.  But it would be OK for me as well if
> somebody else would do some more fitting way / give some detailed advise
> I could follow to try new things.

Hi Andreas,

now that Alioth is back I will document the workflow that I use for the htslib
and other recent packages.  Filo is a special case, and I hope it can be
removed rather than normalised.

Cheers,

--
Charles