Re: FASTX-Toolkit on GitHub.

Le Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 10:30:04AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 04:42:47PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > Note that it does not contain the ‘pristine-tar’ and
> > ‘upstream’ branches, which are not particularly useful anymore.
>
> In any case you should add the needed workflow / tips how to deal
> with this.  I somehow wonder in how far two different people should
> create an md5sum identical orig.tar.  Seems with this workflow it
> is not possible without using `apt-get source`.

Indeed, one would need to download it using apt-get source, or from the
upstream system for browsing Git repositories (here, GitHub).  Pristine-tar
brought us as much pain as gain, so I am tempted to go without.  Nevertheless,
it is totally conceivable to maintain a pristine-tar branch (perhaps without
git-buildpackage).  In the absence of a upstream source archive, it is possible
to run dpkg-buildpakcage anyway, either without building the source package or
using a native format.  This is why in the case of fastx-toolkit and
libgtextutils I have reverted the source format to 1.0, which is more flexible
here.

> > Currently, the package fails to build: changes upstream now let the hardening
> > flags be passed to the compiler, which triggers fatal errors.  I reported the
> > issue at the following URL.  I am sure that patches are very welcome.
> >
> >     https://github.com/agordon/fastx_toolkit/issues/1
> >     https://github.com/agordon/libgtextutils/issues/1
>
> I might give it a try if the repository is in alioth and I can commit.

This is now fixed upstream, thanks.

I will replace the repositories on Alioth once a revision is tagged upstream.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,