Re: Packaging InVesalius

Hi Tiago

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:43:34PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> > Please also note that `dpkg --compare-versions` does consider 3.0.0.b3-1
> > larger than 3.0.0-1 - so uscan might fail identifying your real release
> > as a higher version than your beta release.
>
> I was reading [1] about this issue with version. So I'll need to use
> something like this as version to InVesalius: 2.99+3.0b3-0tfmoraes1?
> And I'll need to create a git tag with that version?

Yes, this would be a possible solution.  You could also simplify it by
using

    3.0~b3-1

which is also considered smaller than 3.0-1.  This is a bit more
handsome for reading but finally it does not matter much as long as the
relation of the version numbers is correct.  Whatever you decide you
need to use versionmangling in debian/watch file.  Just tell me what
kind of version numbering you prefer and whether you need help in
adapting debian/watch (which is sometimes a bit tricky and some
experience is helpful in the beginning).