Re: Packaging InVesalius

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 03:40:33PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> I've done and committed that trick with debian/links. I saw I'll need
> create a man to InVesalius because the package adds a script file in
> /usr/bin/. I think I'll work on it after the next invesalius release.

Seems it is time to have a sponsor-centric view onto invesalius now.
So I tried

$ uscan --verbose --force-download
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/invesalius_(.+)\.orig.tar.gz
uscan warning: In debian/watch,
  no matching hrefs for watch line
  http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/invesalius_(.+)\.orig.tar.gz
-- Scan finished

Seems your debian/watch file is not fit to download the latest
invesalius source tarball.  Considering you are upstream and have some
influence how to structure your download area I'd recommend making
things a bit simpler for uscan.  I admit the "ubuntu32" location looks a
bit suspicious.  We are seeking for plain souce tarballs - and probably
other distributors are trying the same (or just people who want to
install from source).  Putting this into a <distribution><architecture>
named directory just sounds wrong.  Also the naming with 'orig' inside
the names makes things quite distribution specific - usually the orig
is added by uscan later on.

I'd recommend to have a website which contains links to files named

   invesalius-<version>.tar.[gx]z

Please also note that `dpkg --compare-versions` does consider 3.0.0.b3-1
larger than 3.0.0-1 - so uscan might fail identifying your real release
as a higher version than your beta release.