Re: Packaging InVesalius

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 01:20:44PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
>> > You may even make use of `dh_install` syntax instead of the lower
>> > level `install` command.
>>
>> It's a great idea. I'll take a look at 'dh_install' syntax.
>
> Additional hint which has proven to be given to newcomers:  Please use
> dh_install via debian/*install files where you just name the files and
> the places where these should be moved to.  That's the most simple and
> straightforward way to move files around - there are lots of examples
> using this (and BTW also python-casmoothing is using it ;-)).

Thanks!

I'm working now at packaging InVesalius and I'm using yours and
Mathieu's tips. They have been very helpful.

InVesalius has a docs and its only file is a pdf file. It seems me
that it is more correct put this file at the folder
/usr/share/doc/invesalius/. OK. So I overrode dh_installdocs at
debian/rules;

<code>
override_dh_installdocs:
	dh_installdocs
	dh_installdocs docs/user_guide_pt_BR.pdf
</code>

And I created a patch to InVesalius to change where InVesalius will
find this pdf file. The problem is the process of package creation is
compressing this files using gzip. I'm not sure if all pdf viewer can
open gzip pdf files. Is it possible to dh_installdocs without it
compressing my pdf file?

Thanks in advance.