Re: [MoM]: libquazip

Le 6 juin 2012 à 22:22, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 10:15:35PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
>> One more todo:
>> - move libquazip from svn to git
>> - (and then do the same for freemedforms but that's not linked to the MoM)
>
> Are you sure?
>
> Before you move around things please give some reasons for doing so.  I
> do not think that "Git is cooler than SVN" is reason enough to move
> things around.  So nothing against your plan but please explain your
> motivation.

Well, some month ago the FMF team decided to move the code from SVN to git. I was not really enthusiastic because this meant time spending, new tools to manipulate, new bugs, new headaches... I spent two hours to move svn to git (that was very easy - without loosing our historic).
After months of usage, I can say that git conquered me. The most important feature for me is that I can explode my commits to clearly detail the reflexion on the code +++ This is really important for reviewers (specially for very important files).

With SVN, I commit everything in one time, and reviewers can be sometimes flooded by the changes.

This todo is far from "mandatory" or "for tomorrow" but I really prefer git now.

I didn't checked how to update my scripts that uses svn-buildpackage (for the launchpad ppa).

>> Go lintian
>
> This should have higher priority because it affects the resulting
> package (which is not the case when moving from one Vcs to the other).

Yes,
Eric