How to copy an installed to the debian package

I want to include the file vmargin.sty (part of
texlive-latex-extra) into the debian package strap.

I could have added texlive-latex-extra to the Depends line of
debian/control, but this huge package requires 500MByte and only
two tiny files from this package are needed.

I thought I could add the package to Build-Depends in debian/control
and insert the following line into debian/strap.install

/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/vmargin/vmargin.sty usr/lib/strap

But unfortunately, this absolute path is interpreted as a relative
path debian//usr/share/ ...

What can I do?

Many Thanks

Christoph