Re: [MoM]: libquazip

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 12:07:23PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> > I'm perfectly new to qmake - so I'm also a bit guessing what might be
> > the proper way to go.  However, after doing some reasearch about dh and
> > qmake I think the best way to go would be:
> >
> >   dh $@ --buildsystem=qmake
> >
> > Would you like to test this to possibly profit from other automatic
> > adjustments (like perhaps hardening flags etc which might be set that
> > way - I have not tried, just speculating).
>
> Ah ok. I toke some time to read some debian files (libqxt for eg) that
> uses this config. The debian/rules is then very clear and short !

Yes, that's the intention.  The shorter the code is the less chances for
errors occure and you are profiting automagically from new features the
less you are doing manually.

> > This is definitely a total missunderstanding of the role d-shlibs is
> > playing.  It comes *after* the make install step so it is no replacement
> > for qmake at all.  After you did a make install $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp
> > d-shlibs takes over and verifies that files will end up in the right
> > location and that debian/control contains the proper names and
> > Dependency relations.
>
> Not enough geek to understand the script without a good documentation.
> Do you have one ?

   man d-shlibmove
   man d-devlibdeps

Moreover you might like to inspect some (more or less) working examples
in our SVN.  You know how to seek in our SVN?  Here we are:

  $ grep -l d-shlibmove trunk/packages/*/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/ctapimkt/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/libgenome/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/libmems/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/libquazip/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/libtecla/trunk/debian/rules
trunk/packages/volpack/trunk/debian/rules

I'd recommend to ignore ctapimkt which has some trouble.  Libtecla is
the package I touched last in this list.  IMHO the man pages as well as
these examples are sufficient to learn about the options you need.

> For the moment, I'll try to improve the building system:
> - use the --buildsystem=qmake

OK.

> - build the debug lib

Fine.

> - build a multi-arch package (I'm actually reading some docs)

Brave.  I did not yet touched this topic - may be I can also learn a
bit.

> > Hmmm, did the package build at your site as it was commited.  IMHO SVN
> > commits r11202 and r11204 are definitely needed to build the package at
> > all.  I can not imagine that you was able to build it without these
> > changes.  Understanding r11202 is specifically important to understand
> > Debian packaging.  (Please tell me if it remains unclear to you.)
>
> Does we have a very simple interface for the svn log/diff (something
> like http://code.google.com/p/freemedforms/source/list) ?

  $ grep Vcs-Browser trunk/packages/libquazip/trunk/debian/control
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/libquazip/trunk/

:-)

> > Moreover the doc package is empty.  I made a very stupid typo when
> > injecting it.  Do you see the problem?  That's your training task -
> > seeking for such bugs is a good training (and no I do not make such
> > errors intentionally and took me also some time to see what's wrong).
>
> Read for the challenge, I'll check out tomorrow (@work now).

OK.  Tip: Watch out for file names.