Re: Uploaded r-cran-rsqlite (Re: Sponsor for r-cran-proto).

Le Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 04:54:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> No, the "Files: debian/*" are needing a license.  I usually choose "Same
> as packaged software itself".  Deleting this part is no option because
> it will not pass ftpmaster.  I recently learned that even "Public
> domain" is not option (for a reason I do not need to keep in mind - I
> just remember the fact itself).

Hi Andreas,

just to nitpick: I have packages were I deliberately did not include a Files:
debian/* paragraph, and they passed through NEW queue without objection.

In many cases, our contribution is not copyrightable, so that makes it acceptable
to implicitely distribute it under the same license as the original work
(implicit through the “Files: *” field).

But I have not reached enough comfort with this experiemnt to recommend it to
others.

Cheers,

--
Charles