Re: Uploaded r-cran-rsqlite (Re: Sponsor for r-cran-proto).

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 02:16:56PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
>>
>> I uploaded r-cran-rsqlite.  I noted that you forgot to push your tags; please
>> push them.
>
> Sorry for the noise, I also forgot the following.

No problem at all. I would love to get to the point when my packages
need less supervision, but for now, I'm quite grateful you guys are
spending some much time commenting on my work.

> The license you chose for the Debian packaging (GPL-2+) is more restrictive
> than the one of RSQLite (LGPL-2+) or SQLite (public domain).  Would you
> consider changing it ?  (Note that for simple R library package, our work is
> barely copyrightable anyway as it is quite trivial).

The only reason I included any license at all for debian/*, was
because after looking a r-cran-rocr and r-bioc-limma I though it was
the norm. I'll be happy if they go with no license at all or the most
copyleft possible one.

Is it ok if to remove this section completely from my packages?

Regards,
Carlos