Re: Sponsor for r-cran-proto

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 04:57:57PM -0500, Carlos Borroto a écrit :
>>
>> I'm looking for a sponsor for r-cran-proto[1]. This is my first
>> package submission to Debian. Hopefully, as R's packages are quite
>> simple, I got it right. I also try uploading the package to
>> mentors.debian.org, but it got rejected because I have "UNRELEASE" in
>> "debian/changelog". Should I change this to "sid" or "experimental"?
>> Or is it enough linking to the package source repository?
>>
>> [1]http://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-proto.git/
>
> Dear Carlos,
>
> no need to use mentors.debian.org in our case.  I have uploaded the package
> after documenting more files in debian/copyright (see commit list).  Many
> thanks for all the new R packages you are preparing !

Hi Charles,

I'm glad to be helping.

How you go about looking for what to include in 'debian/copyright'? Do
you open each and every file? Some "greping" magic?. I think I have
r-cran-rsqlite[1] ready for upload, but I feel my copyright file will
be incomplete again. I look on what is listed on the package's CRAN
page and that's what I add.

[1]http://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-rsqlite.git/

Kind regards,
Carlos