Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:14:45AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > that launches GTM, and since it is the
> > first time it runs, it creates a directory
> > under $HOME/.fis-gtm
>
> I am EXTREMELY likely to wake sleeping lions here but this
> seems to hint at a fundamental - what shall we call it -
> issue ? of how VistA operates.

I admit I also stumbled about this $HOME/.fis-gtm issue but was to tired
yesterday and forgot to bring this up in my response.

> I truly hope I am misunderstanding and I'm sure Bhaskar will
> set me right.
>
> Since running
>
> 	/usr/lib/fis-gtm/54002B-initial/gtm
>
> 	(which should probably be /usr/lib/gtm symlinked to
> 	 /usr/lib/fis-gtm/54002B-initial/gtm by way of the
> 	 alternatives system, no ?)

The alternatives system has the purpose to handle different alternative
packages.  However, in the GT.M case there are no such alternatives
currently available in Debian and I do not see a real "danger" that this
wil come soonish.  So for the moment I do not see any need for making
things more complex for no current use.