Re: Using BibRef from upstream-metadata.yaml (Was: Multiple publication data in upstream-metadata.yaml)

Le Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 06:35:03PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hmmm, I wonder in how far you consider only med-bio as a target for
> Ume(ga)ya?  Several Debian Science packages would profit from this as
> well?

Hi Andreas,

any package that is known by debcheckout and that is stored in a Subversion
repository is a ready for umegaya.  The support of packages stored in Git is
limited to Alioth, unfortunately.  This is because Git lacks nice commands
such as ‘svn cat $URL’.  You also described a similar limitation:

>   find /git/debian-med -name upstream-metadata.yaml
>   find /git/debian-science -name upstream-metadata.yaml

The Git bare repositories, like the Subversion repositories, do not keep
directly a copy of the files.  You can interrogate them, but only locally.

wagner:/git/debian-med$ for repo in *.git ; do (cd $repo ; git ls-tree master debian/ | grep upstream-metadata.yaml > /dev/null && echo "$repo"); done
ball.git
beeswarm.git
bwa.git
clustalw.git
clustalx.git
emboss.git
libbio-graphics-perl.git
perlprimer.git
r-bioc-edger.git
r-bioc-limma.git
samtools.git
fatal: Not a valid object name master

The above command stops at sitplus.git because it does not have a master branch
(it has a debian branch), but there must be a better way to to interrogate the
default branch that would be obtained when cloning the repository.

Back to the original quiestion, nothing prevents from using umegaya for Debian
Science as well, except perhaps that it may be preferable to first fix the
details in Debian Med before going on a larger scale.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,