Re: Any software package for Radiation Oncology Contouring?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 03:28, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Preliminary packages based on this tarball are available for testing
> at
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/dicompyler/

Looks ok to me, but I didn't get a chance to test it as there is a
show-stopper bug that if running with pydicom 0.9.4-1, the application
cannot open DICOM files.

> Only remark:
>
> For the moment the package is builded against 0.9.4.1-1 because your
> requirement of 0.9.5 can only fullfilled in experimental.  I think we
> can work this out once we are approaching a 0.4 release of dicompyler.
> I'll ping python-dicom maintainers meanwhile.

I fixed the source to support pydicom 0.9.4-1. Features-wise nothing
changes, but there are bugs in that version that have been fixed in
0.9.5 to allow better compatibility with more types of DICOM files.
The prior revision was specifically looking for a feature in 0.9.5 and
would not allow the user to open any DICOM files if they are running
0.9.4-1. The change that has been made will allow the user to have
0.9.4-1 installed and still use dicompyler.

Thus again, I have uploaded a new tarball (same file name) with the
latest source.

> BTW, you said this tarball does not contain testcases / examples etc.
> In the final tarball it would make perfectly sense to provide the user
> with some test cases as examples which sometimes is a good addition to
> the docs.

We do have a zip file of test data available on the project website,
however it is 24 MB zipped. The data in the repository was quite
limited, so it was confusing to users to have both. Additionally, the
binary distributions don't come with data as it makes the download
quite large, so it made sense to have a separate zip file of test data
for the user to download if they so choose.

If there is any way to add that zipfile as a separate sub-package, we
could go down that route.

Also we do not have test cases at the moment, but they are in the
pipeline to be written. At that time we may consider adding back
specific DICOM files for each test.

Thanks,

Adit