Re: RFS: adun.app (updated package)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Yavor Doganov wrote:

Rebooting cleans up /tmp/GNUstepSecure1000/ which is part of the
problem I mentioned.

Ahhh, cleaning up /tmp/GNUstepSecure*/ helped now!

For the curious, an incomplete summary can be
read at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=426637#43>.
Some of my conclusions there are wrong, and the patch is definitely
wrong.  I am still debugging this from time to time and have not given
up.  Unfortunately, for upstream this is not a bug but rather a
mystery doesn't worth solving, and that's why gdnc(1) recommends
launching the gdnc daemon upon login or X session startup.

Hmmm, I ad mit I do not really understand all this stuff but it
would sound reasonable to me to cleen up any remaining temporary
files that might cause any trouble.

I agree; it can't be worse than the version in sid which has 2 RC bugs
plus another one soon to become RC.  It can't be built and the package
is not installable, since it depends on the old GNUstep libraries.
Plus it is not yet rebuilt on mipsel for the libgsl0ldbl transition :/

So I'll go for the upload.

BTW, I was able to solve the gnustep-make build problem by using

Aha, so you're getting an error when make reads debian/rules and that
file is not present.  It is better to ignore this by prepending a
minus `-' sign before the include, because this

Stupid idea of mine - I'm now using '-' in front of the include
statement.

Dput is running while I'm writing this mail