Re: RFS: adun.app (updated package)

Andreas Tille wrote:

> The problem is that if you start pdebuild it tries to call the clean
> target first.

Ah, yes.  But build-depending on gnustep-make won't solve this, since
build-dependencies are satisfied in the chroot.  Does the following
(untested) change in debian/rules help?

clean-patched:
ifdef GS_MAKE_DIR
        gs_make clean distclean
endif

I think it is reasonably safe to assume that there's nothing to clean
if gnustep-make is not installed on the system.

> and a working GUI.

So you should see the menu on the top left, the app icon in the bottom
left corner of the screen and the main window, right?

> But if I try menu item "Help" the GUI disappeared silently,

Hmm, Info -> Help is greyed out (disabled) here.  Maybe you tried
"Hide"?  If so, it should disappear, that's the purpose :-)

> just the fancy GNUSTEP symbol in the bottom left corner of the
> screen remained.

Just double click on it, it should show the menu plus the windows, if
any.

> Next call of UI:

> $ UL
> 2008-01-22 18:16:22.643 UL[30542] AdunSQLDatabase bundle not available.
> 2008-01-22 18:16:22.643 UL[30542] SQL backend support disabled
> Abgebrochen

This is "Aborted", I assume?  Perhaps it didn't write some file because
you exited forcefully.  If you can reliably reproduce this, we'll try
to investigate.

> > Can anyone else reproduce this?  (I'll try on a different machine
> > tonight.)

FWIW, I tried on a different machine and it works for me.  The app
creates and populates ~/adun regardless of the working directory where
it is invoked.  No errors, segfaults or weird behaviour.

> I have no idea what to do and what to check.

Can you please try again after removing ~/adun?  There are some basic
usage instructions at upstream's homepage, under "Documentation":
<http://193.146.190.210:8080/Adun/documents/quickstart-guide/>